Ramblings as we journey through the rollercoaster called life!

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Strange But True


I came across some tid bits to share...

A car uses 1.6 oz of gas idling for one minute. Half an ounce is used to start the average car!

It is estimated that 4 million "junk" telephone calls, phone solicitations by persons or programmed machine are made every day in the United states!
(I'd say at least 20 a week at my house)

It takes glass one million years to decompose, which means it never wears out & can be recycled an infinite amount of times.

Forest fires move faster uphil than downhill.

Most lipstick contains fish scales. (ARGH! YUCK!)

Skepticism is the longest word that alternates hands when typing. (Yep.. I just confirmed that)

Over 2500 left handed people are killed from using products made for right handed people! (Now what "products" are we talking about????)

Just for fun- yeah - I'm a geek ....

2 comments:

insanemommy said...

Good thing my lips rarely see lipstick! Ewwww.

Barkfoot said...

My little car only has a 998cc (60.9 cubic inch)engine, I can get halfway to Wales on 1.6oz of petrol!
I'm left handed and now I feel like I'm living life on a knifes edge...