Ramblings as we journey through the rollercoaster called life!

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Not a light switch...


This seems like a dumb post but I have to get it out. I am not a light switch. I cannot turn my emotions on and off like that.

How many times have you told to forget about it? I try & try but I still think about it.

How many times have you been told to stop worrying? I try & try but I can't seem to think about it.

How many times have you been told to cheer up? I try & try but I still feel down.

How many times have you been told to be patient? I try & try but I am still anxious.

Ok - now these are well meaning people. I want people to be happy or get them to feel better TOO - but all my self talk, inspirational poems, good advice from friends- it just takes some TIME to move on.

I have trouble putting up a good front, I am the lousiest card player- if I have good cards - I'm in. If I am not sure, risky cards, or bad cards - I fold. There is no bluffing with me, that's for sure. So you will be able to read my emotions right away. My body language will give it away. I do like the phrase - what you see is what you get.

Time can be a postive. I appear to have alot more of it lately too. Time to finally view the situation differently. If I avoid it - it festers- not helpful. You also have to have an open mind before actually trying to take a look at the other side.

Soooooo what is the point to this? I am not sure. For my friends & family I've kept in the dark lately...Just be patient with me:) I think I operate more as a dimmer switch.....

4 comments:

insanemommy said...

That's why I drink AND never forget my meds... Everything looks so much better too.

Mamacita said...

Oh, would that I were a light switch! That would be grand, indeed!

Cari said...

Make me a light switch too!

Operationtigerlily said...

Switch me on, will ya?