Ramblings as we journey through the rollercoaster called life!

Saturday, July 28, 2007

GOT NAME?


Yum! This is the season for cherries here. But this has nothing to do with the post:)

As I mentioned earlier - I am in the mist of a career change. I am "technically" on a professional development leave from teaching for one year. What I want to do is coordinate a mentor program in the middle schools for students in math & science. There is a large professional corporation in town that would like to promote something like this with their employees. Obviously - heavy in the math & science fields. This cannot be funded by the schools (since the state is in a budget crisis - we laid off teachers). I will have to write my own grants.

What I am struggling with at the moment is a NAME for the program. I have other "issues" but I'll save that for another post. My first idea was: Mentorworks! - but they (powers that be) don't want the words mentor or remediation - used in the title. This program is focused on academics and a "school program."

Here are some ideas that go with the program when brainstorming-
guided study * math * science * support * partnership * education * resource * supplement * curriculum * boost *

Acronyms are a common - but those of you that were there during the cyber shower and saw me play the verification letter game - know that I stink at this. ;0

Any one have ideas to share? I know this is the least of my concerns in the BIG picture - but I need to get a hold of something and develop from there. GOT NAME?

9 comments:

aimeeg said...

Wow, I'm so not good at this. I will keep thinking though.

You could go simple, like "Partnership for Learning" or "Brain Boost" or "Community Connections".

I'll keep trying and get my hubby on it. He's good at that.

Barkfoot said...

Gosh it's a tuffy. I could only think of acronyms, sorry.
'SMOG' - Science and Math Oracle Group.
'SMART' - Science and Math Additional Resource Team.
Hope that sparks some ideas.

Christine said...

Awesome, You guys! These are great!
Here is quote I found - that I hope to use in a brochure - "no school is an island" - obviously not orginal but so fitting.
I work better in groups. Again thanks!

Elizabeth said...

How about Brain Storm?

Yoli said...

How about Cranium Power?

"M2" said...

or Cranium cafe

Christine said...

thanks again. I am going to share them will all of the powers that be.

insanemommy said...

How bout "Think-Tank"?

redmaryjanes said...

How about...Future Leaders in Technology.