Ramblings as we journey through the rollercoaster called life!

Monday, June 25, 2007

Hockey -Hockey - Hockey


We were in Toronto for 3 days and it was a nice time. I mean hours at a hockey rink on gorgeous 75 sunny days. Where else would I rather be? Hmmm don't get me started.

Both boys were on a team. My youngest played with his spring team. They came in 3rd place. My son was able to play goalie for 3 of the 4 games. I ate TUMS like candy.

My oldest signed on a pick up team. It was what we called and international team- Canadians, Americans and one from Beijing (his parents were working in the Toronto area the summer. My Dh said he would help on the bench - that ended up meaning - he would be the coach. No problemo - I am use to this. They did well. No wins but a tie! There are some rules that are different in American & Canadian hockey. My oldest is in a non checking level. When he played in Canada - they check at his level. Unfortunately, he learned very quickly- like the rest of the Americans and were nick named them the "Goon Squad." Gee- can you tell I am a proud mother???

The place was oozing testosterone. Strategies, game plans, big sticks, expensive equipment...I wanted to chew some bubble gum and ask who just made a TOUCH DOWN and watch the reaction! I didn't- twisted thoughts stay back. Must be a survival technique.

There is a Canadian show called the Tournament. It is about fanatical hockey parents. I can't watch it after two episodes since I am afraid I am living some of it.


I hope next year we can stay and actually do some touristy things.

No comments: