Ramblings as we journey through the rollercoaster called life!

Friday, September 14, 2007

Signs say...


Its one of THOSE days...You all have had one in your life, I'm sure of it.

I am not the quickest one to figure things out, get a punch line or have witty comebacks, so today is just another way to miss the obvious...

I have been working on a making a movie CD to thank my aunt & uncle for a nice visit. I took over 100 pictures and organized them into a movie format and added music, titles and such. The "project" is saved but it will NOT burn to CD or even be saved as a MOVIE on my computer (yes there is plenty of room).Why do these thing need to be sooooooo difficult. Good intentions....

I burned my tongue on my coffee this morning. I can't remember when I have done that last myself. I make my own brew each week (ancient Christine secret) and nuke it in the morning. Today I put in the wrong amount of time - duh 1:45 but I must have put in 2:45 or something higher. I start it and go do something else while it is heating up. Of course, my kids were trying not to laugh as I spit it out when I thought it was a nice warm cup. You know how it probably is funny -LATER but at the time you are so mad that you want to blame it on someone else. The boys got to see that "fear for your life" mode that I occasionally show...
Now - I feel my tongue all day. "I tink I got a bister."

Last, many of you know that I have a terrarium and critter area from *Hell*. I encourage my kids to have these "pets" but once again I am the one cleaning and checking water pH etc. I have "lost" tadpoles, frogs, a little fish (I think it got eaten but not sure by what). It keeps me busier than I want to be. Now we have a tree frog, newt, goldfish and a gecko. How do you do it on a farm?? ;)You know I'd be trampled by a horse or sat on!

I dropped a cage full of crickets today. Yes - they are feeder food for the gecko and tree frog. Now they are all over my Berber carpet. I ended up killing most of them at first accidentally by grabbing at them before they disappeared. Then I was getting more frustrated so I just thought I will buy new ones tomorrow. I will be moving the couches again and vacuuming. Now on the list of scheduled events ...
I also cleaned the tank, added fresh water, cleaned the water pumps - rinsed the motors and cleaned the filters. Now one isn't working well at all. After an hour of - very uncensored words- it is pumping water at a slow trickle. Argh.. Good intentions- clean cage - happy critters- Me at the end of my nerves...

So once again it takes awhile to read the signs. I think back to bed and read a book...what's the worst that can happen ---papercut???

8 comments:

Mamacita said...

Yes, watch out for papercuts and don't stub your toe getting into bed. Sheesh! be careful!

Operationtigerlily said...

I feel ya. I had some major mishaps today and I wore my bleaching trays overnight and my teeth are really, really sensitive today, and everything I eat sends shock waves thru my mouth. Really annoying.

Hope your tomorrow is happy, not crappy.

Anonymous said...

Awww...Sorry for your day!

Don't you just hate those days....it seems that when it rains, it pours! Your screaming..."what else, what else could possibly happen?"
We all have them.....they suck!

Hope tomorrow is better. If it starts off bad at coffee time again, immediately call and schedule you a massage....but walk to the phone DO NUT RUN! :-0

Anonymous said...

Oye. Have a better day today.

"M2" said...

LMAO!!!
you now have loose crickets in the house?
OMG.... my OCD sleep habits couldn't cope
chirp chirp
sweet dreams

polkadot said...

back to bed with a book sounds terrific, I may try the same today! take care of yourself!

Elizabeth said...

But your crappy day makes for such good reading! Wow. That was a series of unfortunate events. But darn entertaining. I know your tongue will heal, but will you find all those crickets?? Perhaps set the reptiles free to catch 'em?

Barkfoot said...

I used to have a pet stone. He was no trouble, a bit of gravel left on the carpet occasionally. Lost him in the garden, never did find him. All look the same these stones...see, even the simplest pet can be problematic.