Ramblings as we journey through the rollercoaster called life!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Virtual Shopping

Thank you for your comments. I am looking into the Organic Vs Local issue and will present a post soon on this.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I want to thank some of you for visiting. I love to buy gifts- I even HAD a gift budget. "Gifting" is one of my LOVE Languages (great book if you have some spare time). It is important to me to find a "perfect" gift and it doesn't have to be expensive. Sometimes the deadline of a birthday comes too quickly and I am not happy with the gift, but if there is time- there is usually a lot of thought to the present.

Ok..ok.. I am a volunteer now- I am on a extreme "budget." So I went VIRTUAL shopping for some of you.
OBVIOUSLY, if I could give any of us in the adoption wait it would be to have a perfect referral & immediate travel for our Chinese children.
BUT for something more to do I searched some of your blogs for ideas...I am a bit rushed - so this is suppose to be light and fun.

First, A buddy of mine is not a blogger but checks the site out- he is photo buddy (really Awesome photos) and past work colleague. I miss our daily check ins and science banter. So for you, AB I got you the tripod you have been wanting. Will you share it?

**UPDATE - Dang Nebit!*** You just told me you bought it today!***

Now for Secret Agent. There was so much to consider. I hope there will be a crazy batch like Aug - Sept 2006 of say- 30 days??? - So we can travel together. She is an animal lover and has to put up with the strangest town I have ever known. I decided on a Pegasus.
Not that your horses aren't keeping you busy enough, but if there was first contact with this new animal- I can imagine that you would be a great rider and learn to fly the Pegasus. With an extra animal- you need extra help. Here is the guy to help you with all the work around the farm. He can hand deliver your Mojitos too. Sorry - we didn't exchange names....

Another gal, was one of the first I met through a yahoo group. She is also blessed with a beautiful boy. Her blog just shows the joys of being parents. She also has a the self confidence that I would love to be standing behind. She is also in education so she took the insanity route. So for you dear Mothermotherocean I know you want sleep, I'd order you some Lunesta sleeping pills - they wouldn't work anyway. You won't be able to sleep soundly until your child has moved out of the house. So how about Alice. You may need her to to the housekeeping but I bet she could also grade papers, organize projects and even conference with students if you need a sub:)


The Ghelerter Twins- your life is plentiful, doubly blessed with twins. I get belly aches from reading your posts. How about an action pack adventure to Disney? You may have been there a bunch of times but I can see you with the Minnie mouse ears!


My Special pal- we are actually from some of the same star dust. Getting to know each other more and more we found some uncanny similarities.Of course - I wish you had your princess, too. Do I get you that girlie dog you mentioned???How about a Grand Piano? For my Sweet DeRouen Princess, there is the spa. Not so original. Many of us could use this, but - take a break from the full time work, full time family, full time worries...



Ms Dragonfly, yes I know you want plane tickets. I enjoy your post about Shrimpy and life of the young. You have dimension and depth. Also the gift for writing. I had different ideas for you but since your dreams are much more channelled than mine so your present is a crystal ball.

Now we need you to use it and get us some answers!

Ok- Barkfoot seems pretty handy with the camera too. He has a nature/biology background. I don't think he would like to be walking around New York City for long so I found you a trip on an African Safari- Great seats- "shoot" all day long.
Beware of some new tribal ceremonies- I hear they can be rough.


Lisa M. This was a bit more challenging. I taught 8th grade for awhile so knowing that you have twins 13 years old! - you could have used some meds maybe not so legal...but they seem to be good guys. They love their mom so I thought - take the stress off yourself from that home improvement. I called Ty Pennington to give your home the Extreme makeover while you are off to Hawaii to "wait"- have a drink with a fancy umbrella- you can do your walking there while they give your house a "fresh" look.
MOVE that Bus!

OK now didn't get to everyone. Please don't be insulted. I must "shop" again so if you feel you missed out - I can get ya on the next one.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will take the sexy man with the cow please.

insanemommy said...

You are adorable! Too funny. I'm laughing because I do have Disney ears. Must dig them out for you! Thank you for making me smile tonight.

"M2" said...

oh..........you do love me!

Anonymous said...

You are sooo cool...
I wish I had 1/2 of your creativity!
Not "if", but "when" we do meet, we will hit the spa together!

and I want the sexy man with the cow too!

Operationtigerlily said...

Could you move that bus right over my money pit and level it please. I am done with this flippin money pit and while your at it drive that bus over to the county building division and level that place too. A boat drink with a Valium chaser sounds good right about now. Thanks for including me.......I feel so very special.

Elizabeth said...

Forgive me for landing is so late?
I love your thoughts for us, for me. I am curiuos what you really wished for me.
Hope you are doing well.